Students' Association Council Elections!
Students’ Association Council (SAC) Election
Read on to find out more about the ACCSA Election for the 2022 – 2023 Academic Year!
* These positions are responsible for certain portfolios of the ACCSA, and represent ALL students at ACC. Some additional responsibilities are required. *
Vice President Governance
Vice President Diversity & Inclusion
Vice President Engagement
* These positions representative certain student groups on campus, and bring their concerns to the ACCSA *
Centre for Adult Learning Representative
Agriculture & Environment Representative
Health & Human Representative
Nominations are now Closed!!!
The Nomination Period is now closed. Thank you to all students who have applied and endorsed other students!
Stay tuned for more information about the ACCSA Council Candidates!
What is the Students' Association Council (SAC)?
The Students’ Association Council (SAC) is a group of elected student representatives that are primarily responsible for making decisions on behalf of the ACCSA in order to better support our students. The SAC work together to bring services, advocacy, and supports to the entire Assiniboine student body.
The SAC Experience
The experience you’ll gain from being a SAC board member is the number one benefit of these positions. It looks great on a resume, and you’ll have ample opportunity to use your voice and express the needs of Assiniboine students.
You’ll gain practical work experience:
- Team building
- Event planning
- Committee involvement
- Meeting organization
- Time management
Experience that you’ll have the opportunity to gain, unique to this year:
- Assisting in the planning process for major student space renovations
- Further the mission of the ACCSA through a new Strategic Plan, focused on student engagement.
- Enjoy a brand new Council Office, and get free access to a new ACCSA Boardroom on the Victoria Avenue East Campus
Full Election Timeline
Nomination Application Period Opens: Monday, February 28th @ 9:00am Deadline for Nomination Applications: Monday, March 14 @ 4:00pm
All Candidates Meeting (Mandatory for all Candidates): Tuesday, March 15th @ 5:00pm on Microsoft Teams
Campaign Period Starts: Tuesday, March 16th @ 9:00am
Campaign Period Ends: Wednesday, March 23rd @ 9:00pm
Voting Period Starts: Thursday, March 24th @ 9:00am
Voting Period Ends: Friday, March 25th @12:00pm
Election Results (Announced via student email): Friday, March 25th @ 4:00pm
VOTING OPENS MARCH 24 @ 9AM
For more information about this election, or anything else about the ACCSA, please email the Elections Chair, Matthew May at email@example.com or at (204) 725-8700 Ext.7213.